Compeer Wants You to Grow and Win
Open Innovation Challenge:
Cost effective operational scaling solutions that speed small and medium sized protein producers through business growth. i.e- Meet the challenge of trying to grow from 500 head dairy to 2,000 head, with an eye in the future toward 3,ooo.
- Seasonal equipment and services sharing- nursery services, transportation, carcass disposal?
- Unique ways to balance labor costs
- Automation geared toward small/medium aspiring operations
- Supply chain partnerships
- Mentoring and networking-learn from the mistakes of the past
- New thinking about processing infrastructure growth
- Solutions that help sm/med dairy and pork producers monetize their environmental waste products and reuse profitable environmental waste as incremental revenue options.
- Innovative, co-operative business technology platforms that enable rapid market access
Reason for Seeking External Innovation Partnership:
If an operation seeks to maintain its independent status, what new thinking can help keep them progressing profitably?
Scope of Solution Space:
Looking to connect unique, efficient, original innovations that scale protein operations and drives small and medium producers to achieve sensible growth goals and thrive in a world of rapid consolidation.
Solutions Not of Interest:
Point solutions or other individualized systems that don’t reduce time, labor cost and/or risk when scaling up a protein operation. We’re not looking for one-off ideas to iterate an operation upon, we seek whole systems approaches.
- Compeer Financial is a member-owned, Farm Credit Service cooperative serving and supporting agriculture and rural communities.
- 70,000+ member-owners
- Loans, leases, risk management and other financial services
- 144 counties in Illinois, Minnesota and Wisconsin.
- 1300+ dedicated team members
- $26 billion in loan and lease assets