Eliminate Microwave Susceptors
Schwan’s Company is a Minnesota-based business that manufactures and markets many popular brands including Red Baron®, Tony’s®, and Freschetta® pizzas, Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts, and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks.
Open Innovation Challenge
Schwan’s is seeking technologies to eliminate susceptors from frozen food products, such as microwaveable pizza.
Reason for Seeking External Innovation Partnership
Microwaving frozen pizza without a susceptor results in a soggy and tough crust.
Scope of Solution Space
- Acceptable solutions must have pronounceable, pantry friendly ingredients
- Acceptable solutions may also include processing and packaging technologies, including reusable microwave heating trays
Innovation Solutions Not of Interest
- Significantly increasing the fat content
- Chemical sounding ingredients
- Allergens not already inherent in the product
- Increased single-use packaging materials
Proposal Response Date Deadline
August 28, 2020
AURI / Bold Open – email@example.com
We are driven to bring you delicious foods and reliable services. That’s how we grew from our humble beginnings as a dairy operating in rural Minnesota to becoming a leading provider of quality foods in the United States. Our commitment shows in all we do, from careful ingredient selection and quality food-making to a great experience wherever you shop and eat.